Thursday, March 13, 2008

Israeli Citizens Demanding THEL

I can't talk too much about this article because unfortunately I actually know something about the Tactical High Energy Laser. Let me just say that demanding your government put 8 trailers full of highly-energetic and highly toxic chemicals in the middle of your town is not very smart. It's not smart even if your town isn't being shot at with rockets and it's even dumber when you realize that your incredibly expensive laser defense system is worthless in less than ideal weather.

I mean seriously. What else in your town is worth $150 million dollars and will blow up nice and destroy or pollute everything around it? If your enemy manages to kill it they'll get bragging rights for years. If I were them, I'd aim for the stupid thing.

No comments: