Thursday, September 09, 2004

Worst List Ever

Josh Claybourn is creating a list of worst lists ever. It led me here.

My God that music list awful. How can you have 5 essential songs from the '80s and not include any of these: Angel is a Centerfold, 867-5309 (Jenny), Video Killed the Radio Star, Whip It, or Jessie's Girl? When somebody needs a song to represent all of '80s rock, doesn't it come from those 5? If it doesn't you can bet its going to be comething close like Safety Dance, Shout, Broken Wings, or anything by Duran Duran or Huey Lewis.

Similarly where is a disco song on their 70s list? No Donna Summer or the Bee Gees? The last time I heard God Save the Queen was on VH1 during the Sex Pistols Behind the Music show. No Sugar Hill Gang?

Now I'm not saying any of these songs is good (although I do like Video Killed the Radio Star), but they are what '70s and '80s music are.

No comments: