Thursday, January 12, 2006

Home State Politics

I've been keeping up on the Alito hearings. After reading remarks from Chuck Schumer and Ted Kennedy I kept asking myself a question. I said, "Self, how the hell do these people get elected?" I was rapidly developing a hefty streak of moral superiority about all those yahoos in California, New York, and Massachusetts who elect these dumbasses. Then I realized one of my own senators, Diamond Joe Biden, is one of those dumbasses. Well from the 41% of us who voted for the other guy, I'm sorry America.

Instapundit relays this quote about ol' Diamond Joe:
"The only thing standing between Joe Biden and the presidency is his mouth."
Come now there is one other thing standing between Diamond Joe and the presidency: the state of Delaware. I live in Delaware. I love Delaware. But do you honestly think either party is going to nominate a candidate who can only bring in 3 electoral votes from his home state? It ain't gonna happen.

No comments: