Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Republican Presidential Hopefuls

A lot of people are starting to opine about the upcoming presidential race: Tamara, Kim, Steve.

I'm uncomfortable with my prospective choices. Why? Take the gun rights stances of the various candidates (which Kim reposted from Dave Kopel). They're varied. Generally the Democrats are bad and the Republicans are good. Unfortunately most of the big name Republicans like McCain, Romney, and Giuliani are at the bottom of the list with the Democrats. Me no likey.

It is possible that if the Dems nominate someone particularly odious and the Republicans do likewise, I may vote third party for the first time in my life. And if I vote third party it will be as close to straight ticket as I can manage. But the thought of actually voting for some Libertarian nutjob (or Mike Protack) fills me with dread.

No comments: