Thursday, August 14, 2008

Can't Get It Out of My Head

You might have heard Katy Perry's single "I Kissed a Girl" on Top 40 airplay. It's catchy and somewhat naughty. I picked up her first album "One of the Boys" over the weekend. Its a solid piece of work that is mostly relationship-inspired dance rock. Perry has an interesting smokey voice and the songs flow well without being too similar to each other. Various songs make fun of emo boys and metrosexuals. What's not to like?

I'm not looking forward to her next single Hot N' Cold coming out in September, though. I already can't get it out of my head and I'm not hearing it on the radio 24-7.

UPDATE: Some coworkers listened to it going to lunch. They both consider it chick rock and therefore fit only for their sisters or Miata drivers.

No comments: