Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Review: Lost Loses a Viewer

I'm not a Lost watcher. It seemed like too much work to me at the time. Now that it's a few seasons in, it is definitely too much work for me to catch up. So I never got the show and I never got into the show. Now people that have and did are getting out:
I'm acting as Gabe's proxy in this strip - essentially, he's "broken up" with Lost. It's complicated by the fact that he holds weekly "Lost Nights," where Lost-themed snacks are sometimes offered, but he's come to conclusion that there's no story actually being told. He no longer believes that events are happening according to some overarching plan. Watching the show now is apparently awful, because where he once perceived a carefully revealed structure he now just sees a couple guys out back beneath a tarp, flashlights held under the chin.
That sounds like the reason I stopped watching the X-files in college. There wasn't any there there. X-files had lots of different puzzle pieces, but it was pretty apparent that the writers had never figured out what the picture looked like before they made the pieces. Nothing really fit. I wonder if Lost is having similar problems.

No comments: