Thursday, August 09, 2007

Putting Drops in Your Eyes

There a lot of things I thought I would know how to do by now. They just don't seem that hard. Over the last couple of days, I've started putting drops in my eyes to combat some redness that I hope is due to allergies. But I'll be damned if I'm not bouncing most of the eye drops off an eyelid, eyelash, or just missing my eye entirely and running them down my cheek. It shouldn't be hard, but for me it is.

So I turned to the internet for a solution to my problems. And I found one. The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary has a video on their website dealing with this very issue. They suggest using specific hands positions to index the bottle to your eye. They also suggest keeping that eye closed for a full minute after you have applied the drops to enhance their effectiveness. The video looks a little dated and is intended for Glaucoma patients, but drops are drops.

No comments: