Friday, July 18, 2008

Shapeshifting

I've been really sore all week. I tried doing the first day of the hundred push-ups schedule on Tuesday. My initial test put me in the "more than 10" category and I went through the recommended exercises. The first set of ten was pretty easy. The last set was considerably more difficult.

Wednesday I woke up with tired arms (a good sign) and that progressed to Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) by bedtime. I was really sore Thursday morning too. After a google, it turns out that this is pretty normal if you're just getting into a workout routine. Most places also suggest you not put serious stress on those sore muscles because they're rebuilding. This is especially true if you experience residual muscle weakness like I was. My recommended Thursday workout was therefore postponed. Oh well.

I'll try to do my Thursday push-ups tonight along with my usual cardio. Hopefully it won't take me an extra day to recover again. I'm thinking the "weekly" schedule of 100 push-ups may become more of a suggestion if it does.

No comments: