Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spending Your Refund

Amy and I discussed how we want to spend any forthcoming IRS refunds last night. It seems to be a popular topic on the net, so I thought I would bring it up.

Amy, who doesn't like to spend her money, is thinking about buying a new laptop. Her current unit is five years old and is giving us a little trouble because of overheating problems. If we can't fix it with a thorough cleaning, it will be time for a replacement.

Me? I want a .22 rifle so I can work on my marksmanship on the cheap. After that, some reloading equipment would also be a good idea. After that? Well I'm thinking it might be time to invest in another AR-15 and some high capacity magazines in case our next president decides to outlaw them. Or maybe a new kilt.

UPDATE: The recent foul weather has made me aware of another more pressing problem. My current bad weather coat, a parka similar to this one, has to go. It actually soaked through in two places while I was outside clearing off the front steps and cars this morning. Unacceptable, but understandable since I've had it for over a decade.

The coats main job is keeping me dry in bad weather and getting dirty at the range. It will tend to do more of the latter than the former. I'm thinking a field coat like an M65 (with liner of course) might be the way to go for a replacement. The only problem is finding one in a color that doesn't make me look like I'm playing soldier. Or this guy.

No comments: