Monday, September 11, 2006

Fun: Architectural Predilections

Ok, so I really like the "silo" that Chatham financial has on their new headquarters. Were I to design my home, I really want a similar tower feature. Why?
  • It is a unique look found on many older home styles that just hasn't come across to more modern architecture.
  • It is a great sniper post for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. Mabel and I could take out veritable horde of shambling undead brain afficianadoes from up there.
  • It would make for easy roof access so I could clean the gutters and do other house maintenance without having to haul a big ladder around.
  • I could send the kids or cat to the tower if they've been bad.
  • Or I could hide from the wife there if she's really mad.
  • Dilbert's Ultimate House had one and I plan to stealborrow a lot of his ideas.
This isn't to say that I want to live in a gothic castle or something. I don't. But I think a tower could be incorporated into a modern house in very interesting ways.

One of these days I need to work on designing a house for myself. It think it would be a really cool way to keep my brain occupied in boring meetings.

No comments: