Question the baptist cult can not answer with the bible:For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
1. Where do they come up with the doctrine of faith only saves? Not from the bible!!!!
2. Where do they come up with the false doctrine of original sin? Not from the Bible!!!Like Adam, they have broken the covenant— they were unfaithful to me there.
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned-
3. where do they come up with the doctrine of predestination? Not from the bible!!!Not all Baptists are Calvinists, so where he gets this one I'll never know. But here is a good verse on it anyway.
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
4. Where do they get the false doctrine of once saved always saved? not from the bible!!!Again Calvinism does not equal Baptist. But...
"For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him."
5. Where do they come up with the doctrine of John the baptist started the church? not from the bible!!!Yeah I'll admit that is traditional and not biblical. It is also tradition that I don't hold to and that has absolutely no effect on anything.
6. Where do they come up with the false doctrine of baptism is an out ward sign of an inward faith, and that a person is saved before they are baptized? Not from the bible!!!Then Peter said, "Can anyone keep these people from being baptized with water? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have."
Jesus answered him [the unbaptized criminal hanging next to him], "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
7. where do they come up with the false doctrine that the 10 commandments are still in force today? Not from the bible!!!Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
8. where do they come up with the doctrine that it does not matter what you believe, as long as you believe in Jesus? Not from the bible!!!I wouldn't characterize this as true, but Jesus is what really matters:
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
9. where do they come up with the use of instramentle music in worship service? Not from the bible!!!David and the whole house of Israel were celebrating with all their might before the LORD, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, sistrums and cymbals.
-2 Samuel 6:5
I know I know, it ain't piano and organ.
10. Where do they come up with the false doctrine of chiors in worship service? Not from the bible!!!!Choral worship is not a doctrine. It is a tradition. Unfortunately congregations are being torn apart by things like worship style right now.
Can you see friend that the baptist religion is not from God, and if it is not from God it must be from the devil!!!! It is a Cult!!! Follow them and Go to hell.I'll go to hell if you go to there first. And the horse you road in on. Seriously, I can't imagine the quality of your website (who's URL I shall not post) if your scholarship is so poor that anyone can rebut it with a simple search on Bible Gateway. This whole post took me less than an hour of research, mostly because I was stupid and had to write most of this post twice.
UPDATE: The whole John the Baptist thing is related to Landmarkism. It is mentioned in the Wikipedia article on Baptists (which means it must be true right?) Essentially some Baptist churches, especially in the 19th century, claimed seperate descent back to the first century church independent of the Catholic/Orthodox Church.