Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Come and Almost Gone...

Christmas Day may be gone, but I won't finish celebrating the holiday until mid-January when I get together with my extended family. Possibly even later than that depending on when my sister actually comes for a visit. She was going here this year, but one of her labs needed emergency surgery. He's doing well, but she was unfortunately but understandably absent from the holiday festivities at my parents house. Her portion of Christmas has been postponed until an unspecified later date.

And what festivities they were! The drain for my parents kitchen sink became blocked after their garbage disposal failed to sufficiently digest some of my mom's potato peelings. Unfortunately the clog was actually in a bend in the drain pipe below the kitchen floor, not in the disposal itself (which would have been easy to fix). Amy and I walked into the house to find my dad and my brother snaking the drain pipe with little success. Fortunately CVS was open and we were able to buy some generic Drano. The rest of Christmas afternoon was spent cycling chemicals down the drain. But at the end of the day, the sink was running well enough to turn on the dishwasher so Huzzah! Or as my lovely wife would say, Woot!

Out of our little family, Milo seems to have made out better than anyone with the presents. We had to hide some of his new toys last night just so he would let us go to sleep.

No comments: