Friday, December 22, 2006

With Friends Like These...

How not to compliment Anna Venger:
I've never seen pictures of your children before. Wow. They're very beautiful.

They must take after your husband. They look nothing like you.
Ouch. I think I was that guy a few times in college. And at work. And probably other places too. I had a tendency to bounce my Timberlands off my uvula on a regular basis for a while there in college though. Sometimes you think you're saying something clever and it just don't come out right you know?

Fortunately I'm generally smart enough to realize it after I've said it. I pays to be good at apologizing profusely. I also can be pretty objective when it happens to me now. The guy says "Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! That didn't come out right..." and I just tell them they're going to have to shove that foot in a lot farther in before they impress me.

No comments: