Thursday, December 28, 2006

Scott Adams Does It Again

I wasn't too happy to see this in print:
My long term goal is to develop such a reputation for household incompetence that I am never again asked to do anything around the house. So far my plan is right on track.
You're not supposed to say that out loud, our wives will catch on. Eventually they start to think about how we can't take crockery out of the dishwasher without supervision, but somehow we are trusted to push a machine with sharp spinning blades around the yard. They'll either figure out we're faking or they won't let us do anything. The former would suck and I'm betting the latter would be far less enjoyable than it sounds.

He did hit the ball out of the park with this one though:
I always check a movie’s critical reviews before committing two-plus hours of my life to it. This method of movie filtering does not work because movie reviewers are sick bastards who enjoy misery as long as it is well crafted.
Exactly. Art in the modern age is supposed to be painful for some reason. That's why you never see comedies on the list for Best Picture and why modern art gives you a headache if you stare at it for too long.

No comments: