Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Eggnog, Cider or Hot Chocolate?

Hot Cocoa

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?

Wrap

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Colored

4. Which of Santa's reindeer -- Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Donder, Blitzen, Cupid and Comet. -- are you? And why?

Tsk tsk, learn the order question-giver guy. It's Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder/Donder/Donner, Blixen/Blitzen. I'm a Blitzen guy myself. I recieved a country tape called "Truckers Christmas" as a white elephant gift in College. My favorite song on it is "Dammit I'm Blitzen". Its about how Rudolph (the new guy with the flashy nose) gets all the credit and Blitzen (being the last reindeer) ends up taking all the crap. The name also means lighting in German.

5. When do you put your decorations up?

Early in December, although I'm running late this year because they're under a pile of stuff in my storage space.

6. What is your favorite Christmas dish?

The turkey and stuffing sandwiches the night of Christmas (since Christmas "dinner" is actually served as a late lunch in my house).

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?

Playing games with the whole family at my Grandparents in Connecticut.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

My family never really played Santa up, so I have no conscious memory not knowing the truth.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Sometimes, it was a logistical thing. If we went to Connecticut to visit family, we would often travel Christmas morning to avoid traffic. Then we would open our presents Christmas Eve. But generally if we were opening on Christmas day we didn't open any early.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?

None. It's the stingy Scot in my I suppose.

11. Snow! Love it or hate it?

As a kid it was great, now I'm typically driving to my parents so not so much.

12. Can you ice skate?

Not well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Buzzy, a stuffed Raccoon I bought when I was little. I still have him. He's sitting on Amybear's dresser at home with my college graduation cap and medal on.

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas to you?

Family. I wish I could say "Jesus being born to take the sins of the world," but like most people I basically take that for granted.

15. What is your favorite Christmas dessert?

Pie. Pumpkin, cherry, apple, strawberry rubarb, it's all good.

16. Favorite Christmas tradition?

Getting a little piece of coal (the same piece actually) in my stocking every year.

17. What tops your tree?

Star.

18. Which do you prefer--GIVING OR RECEIVING?

Both.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?

"Silent Night", the 3/4 version without the showboating. I'm also partial to "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" because we did some fun stuff with that in Chorus.

20. Candy Canes?

Not the peppermint ones, but some of the other flavors are ok. Except they get messy too quickly.

For others responses try, Hube, Anna, or Paul.

No comments: