Monday, February 05, 2007

Mac vs. PC

My brother showed the Guardian's take on the British MacIntosh advertising campaign. It has some good bits of British language.
When you see the ads, you think, "PCs are a bit rubbish yet ultimately lovable, whereas Macs are just smug, preening tossers." In other words, it is a devastatingly accurate campaign.
I was told that Macs had the superior interface, but whenever I had to use one I could barely make the damn thing work. And I taught myself to use a PC. If the Mac user interface was so easy and intuitive, why couldn't I get it to work?

I have some friends that love Macs, largely because they like to do video production and Mac is still better for that out of the box. Unlike them, I use my PC to surf the web and play the occasional game. I'm sure the Mac makes a capable web surfer, but games? Not hardly.

No comments: