Monday, April 24, 2006

Local Fun Time

People email me on a regular basis with highlights of social events happening in the area. Most of these come from my churches singles group email list. But sometimes it is a considerate individual that likes this blog thing I do.

This weekend the social events at church were watching Anne of Green Gables for the chicks or Braveheart for the dudes. Despite being well equipped for a Braveheart party, Amy's bridal shower was on Saturday so I performed varying degrees of carrying heavy presents and being jeered at from estrogen laden mother hens.

Anyway early May sounds like fun. May 1st to 6th is Restaurant Week '06. Sample good food at good eateries for fixed prices. I'm sure I would enjoy the whole thing much more if I actually worked within an hours drive of downtown Wilmington. But some of you folks might be able to partake so have fun.

On May 6th Hockessin Baptist is holding a Narnia Night where they will be showing The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. More info is available on their website, but it sounds like a fun dinner and movie night. Interestingly enough Rick Beno is the pastor at Hockessin Baptist. His wife is one of the IVCF staff members at University of Delaware. Rick is the guy who opened my mind up to the real story behind Jonah.

No comments: