Monday, September 13, 2004

Sword Time

I own a sword. Its a nice one, an Angus Trim 1518 Longsword. Mine has blued fittings and an oxblood grip.

Usually my brother and I go shooting on Sundays, but today we did something different. We flipped over an empty trash can in the back yard and "recycled" some 2 liter plastic bottles. The first step in the process was hitting them with 32 inches of tempered steel of course. If we thought we could get away with it, we hit them twice. After we had reduced them to the smallest possible component parts we could, they went into the recycling bin. See real recycling goes into it somewhere... Good stewardship of earth's resources and all.

It is incredibly fun. You really must try it some time. I plan to bring my sword and a stand to my next church picnic.

No comments: