Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Little Cars with No Power

I took my Protege in for its 30,000 mile service on Friday. The 30,000 mile service is pretty lengthy and takes about 5 hours (it involves flushing most of the cars fluids). So I ended up driving around in a rented Chevy Cavalier.

Uggh. My Protege is technically in the same size class as the Cav, but there was no comparison. No power even though it technically had a larger engine than my car's 2 liter. I had to rework how I took offramps because the handling just wasn't there. The interior was tiny with my left shoulder hitting the door. Similarly the roof seemed lower. Shudder. Definitely going to rent something else if there is a next time. I have never been so happy to be back in my car. Gonna have to baby it soon to keep it happy.

No comments: