Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Like Athiests in Foxholes...

Ohio State Representative Michael DeBose (D) came to regret his vote against concealed carry reform when two armed men jumped out of a car and attempted to mug him a few feet from his home:
"I was wrong," he said Friday.

"I'm going to get a permit and so is my wife.

"I've changed my mind. You need a way to protect yourself and your family.

"I don't want to hurt anyone. But I never again want to be in the position where I'm approached by someone with a gun and I don't have one."

DeBose said he knows that a gun doesn't solve Cleveland's violence problem; it's merely a street equalizer.
Perhaps, but there is something to be said for equalizers. Even if criminals and citizens take equal losses, in most places you will run out of violent criminals long before you run out of honest men.

No comments: