Thursday, May 24, 2007

Open Carry

These kids are unusual, but I think I like it. I may have to purchase a good holster and open carry more. I'm sure Amy will love that, but we would like to go for a walk after dark without having to worry the rising crime rate.

I really need to look into Delaware's open carry laws. Delaware passed a preemption in 1985, but all laws passed prior to that are still legal and binding. I've heard the City of Newark (along with Wilmington and Dover) is one of the places with such a law, but the municipal code seems to indicate problems with concealed carry and "threatening display." The problem is some jurisdictions have been known to regard a holstered weapon as a "threatening display." They don't usually don't get away with it for long given a legal challenge.

No comments: