Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sword Reviews

Sword Buyers Guide is an interesting site I stumbled across looking for reviews of Cheness Katanas. SBG focuses on finding good quality swords for under $300. The site is divided into sections like European, Mid-eastern, Japanese, Chinese which provide sword reviews for competing weapons in a given style. The $300 limit is a nice touch since many of the other sword enthusiast sites (like MyArmoury and Swordforum) have migrated to higher priced blades.

I found the Japanese section to be really handy with all the new katana makers that are coming onto the market. Previously, your choice for inexpensive katanas was between Kris Cutlery and Hanwei Forge produced swords. In the last couple of years, several new competitors have come onto the market including Cheness, Last Legend, and Oni Forge.

I must say that after doing my research, those Cheness swords look like great buys. Maybe I'll pick one up once I have a backyard I could use for cutting practice.

No comments: