Thursday, October 12, 2006

Family: Aging Like Fine Wine

Having been kept from watching our favorite shows by the baseball playoffs, Amybear and I took to channel surfing last night. Somehow we wound up on this horrible funny mummy movie on Disney or Nick. It was then that I realized I was getting older. Why? I found myself becoming annoyed at the pre-teen protagonist and identifying with his parents. Wow. When did that start happening?

I ended up watching the History channel after Amybear fell asleep and they were discussing the history of spiritous liquors like brandy. It was interesting and had me thinking about picking something up. Of course I don't actually drink much, which means I don't know what I like and liquor hangs around for years. The only liquor I have at home is a bottle of scotch I bought in college. The prospect of having something I hate sitting around for that long makes me nervous. I ran across the product reviews over at Tastings which should give me a place to start.

No comments: