Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Family: The Weekend

I had a four day which was largely spent sleeping and catching up on non-blog related things. Carpets were cleaned, bills were paid, junk was organized, video games were played. Amy and I did a little look around at townhouses in the Glasgow area. I went to my dentist. Good stuff. Even the dentist surprisingly enough.

I use Bear-Glasgow Dental and I've been pretty happy with them. They take my insurance, they do good work, and they don't try to make me pay for crazy crap I don't need. My old dentists, Dental Associates of Brandywine, once tried to book me for immediate oral surgery I didn't need when they didn't take my insurance and I had just paid them $500 to have the bondings on my front teeth fixed (they chip regularly). Contrast that my current dentist who threw in a free patch job on one of my front teeth because he didn't think it should have chipped again so soon.

Everyone at Bear Glasgow likes to talk though. Which is kind of weird. I like it. It makes the place feel friendly. My hygenist remembered me from my last visit before the wedding and asked how everything went. I asked her about her neighborhood because she lives close to where Amy and I are looking at houses. My dentist is a relative newlywed too so we talked about that for a bit. He's also jewish so we schmoozed about the High Holy Days.

But at some point it's just ridiculous. How the heck to do you hold a conversation with someone when they have their hands in your mouth? "So Jeff how was your weekend?" "Gooaah!" "That's great!"

No comments: