Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Reviews: Lucky Number Slevin

Amybear and I picked this movie up over the weekend mostly because I couldn't find anything else interesting at the video store. Gone are the halcyon days of summer when no college students were around to hog the new releases at Blockbuster. This week we joined Hollywood video in hopes that they would be far enough off campus that we could actually find something to watch.

Anyway LNS is a twisty turney catchy crime drama. Sort of like Snatch, but grittier, less British, and less stylized. The plot centers around Josh Hartnett's character getting involved with an assassin played by Bruce Willis and two mob bosses played by Morgan Freeman and Ben Kingsley. Twists, turns, and dark humor ensues. I can't say too much because I'll give things away. I liked it for the most part and Amy didn't, which is about to be expected for this sort of film.

I think Amybear's renting Over the Hedge today, so we should have a Willis movie of a different sort for our nightly viewing.

No comments: