Sunday, January 23, 2005

Snow

Well we got a bunch of it this weekend. Granted if you live in Michigan, you'd probably laugh at the effects it's having. We might have gotten a foot. But for us it's a lot.

I do miss living in Pennsylvania a bit when it snows. My parents place was always plowed out promptly and early by the municiple snow equipment. So with a little work, you were ready to go once the snow stopped falling. Not so with Delaware. Delaware has almost no local government so until you get on a numbered state road, it is pretty darn scary out there. This is about the only time of the year having a home owners organization makes sense.

If anything the weather is making me feel old. But remember when you were 10? It snowed and you were like "Woo hoo! Snow! Lets go outside!" I hear the wind howl around my apartment now and think "Man, I'm glad I'm not out there." Perhaps its because I don't have school anymore and work doesn't close unless the base does (almost never). Or maybe its some strange surface area to volume threshold so the fun of the snow doesn't scale properly. Beats me. So yesterday I stayed inside all day watching Rah Xephon and Red vs. Blue.

I did go out today though. I walked to my supermarket to get a little exercise and see something that wasn't the inside of my apartment. 600 square feet gets really boring after about a day.

I wish Amybear was here. We could snuggle up in front of the fireplace. Amybear is good at that. Or maybe we could go sledding somewhere. Haha just kidding Delaware doesn't have hills. Well ok thats not quite true, but all the good sledding hills I know of were caused by landscaping around apartment complexes. Still cold weather is a good time for company.

No comments: