Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Trip Back

I'm home, but I'm playing catch-up after a week away. Blogging may be light until I get back on my feet.

The trip up from Sarasota on Delta was uneventful. I left Sarasota on time and arrived in Atlanta earlier than expected. With only a personal item and carry-on to my name, making my connection was easy even if it mean traversing a fair part of the massive Atlanta/Hartsfield airport. My only regret is that I didn't have the spare time to get a nice glass of sweet tea like in Charlotte. I'd had plenty to time in Charlotte. Given the situation I prefer the Atlanta experience.

I got in at Philadelphia on time. After a week in clean pastel Florida, Philly was filthy but warmer than expected. Meeting my parents was more problematic. Once we did get together, my brother met us for dinner at a nice chinese buffet. Then I picked up my car at their house and went home.

I've decided that the next time I have to fly will be from BWI and will not involve my parents. I love them, but their house is not my home and I would much rather have skipped the family dinner and cut straight to settling in at my apartment.

On a completely different topic: "its" or "it's" which is the contraction and which is the possessive? Its (It's?) one of those grammatical rules I have long neglected and, now that I'm writing here fairly regularly, not knowing has severely annoyed the perfectionist in me.

No comments: