Monday, November 14, 2005

10 Years and a Promise

Amy and I went to my ten year on Saturday. It was surprisingly sparsely attended, maybe 35 attendees out of a class of 250. I did get to rub elbows with guys and gals I hadn't seen for over ten years. It was nice. A lot of people have just started families and a lot more are on the verge of doing so. Good stuff.

I will relay one story to you guys, because I want to ask for your help. Don't worry it won't be anything that makes you get up or leave your computer.

One guy who really touched my heart was a guy named Joe. In high school, Joe was your average athletic football player type. He was a very nice guy, but we didn't share many interests or classes so we didn't hang out much. Now Joe is 28. He's still a young man, but he has cancer. At the reunion he had lost a lot of weight and all of his hair fighting colon cancer. He managed to beat it. Now it has come back. He has surgery to remove a tumor from somewhere in his digestive tract on thursday.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was his last reunion. I think he realised that too, which was why he came to the thing. I did the only thing I could. I promised to pray for him. He said, "Thanks man, I'm going to need it." He looked like he needed it too.

So I'm asking you guys to pray as well. As soon as possible and as often as possible. And thank you in advance.

No comments: