Friday, November 11, 2005

Love Your Freedom?

Today is a great time to thank a vet.

Joe Carter has a post up on being a Marine. Since I work for the Army, I don't think I'm actually allowed to respect someone for being a Marine. Semper Fi anyway Joe.

We had our Veterans Day observance on Wednessday. Everybody in the organization showed up for it. One of my coworkers who is both a Korean War and Vietnam War veteran spoke. He joined the Army at age 15(!) by lying about his age. He ended his career in the mid 1970s as a Lieutenant Colonel. This year he focused on Korea, which I imagine brought up some unpleasant memories. Like a true hero, he denied he was worthy of honor but honored the men he served with, many of whom never made it home. I'm honored just to know and work with him.

No comments: