Monday, July 16, 2007

Handy Men

Instapundit and the Wall Street Journal are discussing men's abilities around the house.

Around the apartment I did some simple plumbing. I fixed the sink after the disposal didn't dispose properly. I replaced the flappers in several toilets so they would actually stop running. Now that Amy and I have moved into the house, I'm finding myself drawn toward further acts of handiness. I think it is part of home ownership because I'm building up my residence. So far I've put up some blinds, but I'll soon be working on getting hot-water to our guest bathroom tub properly. After that, hmmm, perhaps putting up a ceiling fan in the master bedroom. But I'm going to have to do wiring for that, I'm not really a big fan of wiring.

Oh and women can be handy too. In Amy's case, she handles almost all of the administrative responsibilities of our happy home. I pay the bills and fix the plumbing, but she's the one who sets up all the services and appointments. And I stay out of her way because she does it very well.

No comments: