Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Perfect for Trips into the Venusian Wilderness

You can't help but admire the craftsmanship of Dr. Grordbort's Infallible Aether Oscillators. After coming through a nasty scrape with an raygun that proved all too fallible, you have to appreciate these wondrous weapons of warcraft. Perfect for repelling invading Moon Men or simply euthanizing a mount injured during an ill conceived Martian campaign.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to purchase one. Not only is the price of phlogistion and compressed aether phials prohibitively expensive at the moment, but frankly I don't think the backstop at Ommelanden could handle them. And really, what is the point of owning a portable atomic emulsifier if you can't shoot the damn thing? I suppose, if tuned to the proper setting, I could cook with it. But I have an oven that bakes wonderfully well already.

UPDATE: Atomic Rockets compiled a list of various ray-gun conceptions. They also mention some good modern props like the Whitney Wolverine, now produced by Olympic Arms. Or just cannibalize an Mauser Broomhandle, but at least have the decency to make it a Chinese copy not an original.

No comments: