Saturday, July 28, 2007

Let There Be Comics

Amy and I have been watching a lot of the G4 coverage of Comic-Con. Most of this is boring and repetitive, but you do occasionally pan a piece of gold out of that river of crap. One such nugget is the online comics section at the Image website.

The first issue of 38 different comics are available there. And they're not some annoying Flash document like the Heroes comics at NBC. Nope, these are just image files straight from Image. Some like Dynamo 5, The Walking Dead, and Invincible look pretty good. I was actually thinking about picking up Invincible's first trade paperback and now I don't really need much convincing. Other comics just aren't quite doing it for me for one reason or another. Some have art I can't stand (The Nightly News) or are too anti-heroic (Drain, Bomb Queen) for me to root for the main character.

But I'm still glad they're there. Go, kill time, enjoy. Don't blame me if you kill way too much.

No comments: