Monday, July 09, 2007

Live Earth

Turns out there was this big concert thing this weekend. I think I accidentally caught a few minutes of it over the weekend when I flipped across the gay channelBravo. Turns out the globe is warming. Who knew? I'd certainly never heard of it before Al Gore threw this big multi-continental shindig. But I guess it must not be warming too badly if they're going to consume ungodly amounts of petroleum byproducts flying rock stars across the globe followed by unholy other levels of energy putting on multiple simultaneous multi-media extravaganzas. I mean if it was really bad, I'd imagine Al would tell me to stay home, turn the AC off, sweat, and read a book on my porch. A book? Ok, his book.

In other news Al's son Al (there's a clever name, how'd he think that one up?) let the world know that yes, you can get a Toyota Prius moving at over 100 miles per hour. This little bit of information was so important at least one national network morning show covered it yesterday. But if you want to get up to that kind of speed in a Prius, it does help if the cops are behind you and your car is full of pot. And no the Prius doesn't get especially good gas mileage when its going that fast. Also keep in mind that the Prius was is one of the worst handling cars ever, so don't try turning any corners at that speed.

No comments: