Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blogging: What is with the New Titles?

Some of you may have noticed that my title scheme has changed. Thanks to Physics Geek, I found a way to implement categories in Blogger. I'll get around to doing that with my next site revision.

The category system itself is a hack that uses a text search to compile the actual category indexes (those are "indices" for those Roman centurions reading the blog). That means it will work much better if I label my blog entries, which I'm now doing with the first word of my titles. It works great for me, because most of my titles have been pretty weak anyway.

Sooner or later there will be God, Guns, Wheels, Fun, Blogging, Reviews, and Politics categories on the site. Maybe I'll add a personal section too. I'm still in transition here. Don't ask me when exactly I will be out of transition, because I really don't know. But eventually I'll get around to doing that and making a few other changes to the template. It might be soon, it might not. If you wish to bug me about it, go ahead. But nobody is paying me for this.

UPDATE: On the topic of new templates, Amybear has a new one up on her blogspot blog.

No comments: