Wednesday, August 09, 2006

God: Shilling for God

Like many of the people in the DCBA, I get regular emails from the Delaware State Republican party. While I don't mind occassionally shilling for a special interest like the Republicans or the NRA, I generally ignore these messages. But not this time.

This time I received a prayer request for Elizabeth Crossan, the wife of Delaware GOP Executive Director Dave Crossan. Elizabeth is a young mother of two who discovered she had brain tumor(s?) shortly after giving birth to their second child. They discovered the cancer fairly late so things are looking pretty serious. She has already had brain surgery and is currently undergoing radiation and chemo therapy treatments. The family and the Delaware GOP in general is asking for prayer and any other support you can give. They have this Care Page for more info. If it isn't satisfactory, then contact me at JeffDOTtheDOTbaptistATgmailDOTcom.

It seems like I've been asking for prayer rather a lot lately, but that doesn't mean people don't need it.

No comments: