Sunday, June 19, 2005

Getting Caught Up

Sorry I haven't been posting much.

I went to see Batman Begins with some guys from my bible study on Thursday night. It is quite excellent. Go see it. They take some liberties with the mythos, but the liberties work and they are relatively small compared to previous films.

Previously the only Batman movies I have really enjoyed were Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (it's animated) and the Adam West Batman movie. I really can't stand the Tim Burton films, too stylistic and Gothic. I actually liked Batman Forever because it didn't take itself too seriously, but Joel Schumaker can rot for Batman and Robin.

Friday night I went to a pool party. Except it was only about 70 degree outside so I played sand court volleyball and kept myself out of the water. I shmoozed with the Jewish contingent from church.

Saturday was a work day at my parents. I trimmed hedges. I like trimming hedges for some reason. It lets out my artistic side I suppose. I helped my Dad mow the lawn for the first time in years. I've been helping him mow since before my mother thought I should be allowed to. Finally, we took down a large branch that had broken off one of the trees in the back yard. It was still attacked to the tree by a strip of wood and was caught in the other trees' boughs. Getting it down involved my father and I taking turns climbing a ladder up to about 20 feet above the ground and sawing on the damn thing. Then we had to yank on it until it actually fell free.

I also noticed that one of the other trees was splitting down the middle. This particular tree is next to the deck and the dining room. I showed it to my Dad and then made sure my Mom knew about it too just in case. They're going to call somebody to cut it down and mulch the stump. Its a shame, that was my hammock tree.

My parents paid me for the work with their thanks, ample quantities of ice tea, and a very good bbq pork dinner. The joes were quite sloppy but delicious.

Now off to lead my empire to greatness in Ogame.

No comments: