Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Suzukis

Gizmag is indicating that Suzuki may bring their GSX-R/4 to market. This is a small lightweight open-topped sports car powered by the engine from the Hayabusa superbike. It is an interesting idea, but I don't know if I could make myself buy it.

After talking with Izzy about it, we realized something. Suzuki's motorcycles are pretty damn good. Suzuki's cars are completely forgettable. We think a great idea would be to use this and the larger 1.8 liter sportbike engine to power small sporty cars. They might be able to bring out a Suzuki equivalent to the Mini at a significantly lower price point. We would both like that a lot.

I considered the Mini Cooper when I was buying my last car a few years ago, but there was no way I could justify a spending 25 grand for a car that small.

No comments: