Friday, March 02, 2007

Income Taxes

I'm not looking forward to doing them this year. I'll be doing Amy's and mine. Besides getting married, she changed state residency. I work in Maryland, but live in Delaware. I also itemize. While I am not mathematically challenged, I've honestly had a difficult time getting everything right in the past. Let me tell you, any penalty you pay will swamp the totally tax deductable cost of getting some form of tax assistance.

Last year I had a coupon get my taxes done at Liberty Tax. It was great. I walked in, gave them my stuff, and I was done in under an hour. And instead of cost a couple hundred dollars, it was free. I have no complaints.

This year I have a 25$ coupon, but I'm also filing two returns instead of one. I'm thinking about using TurboTax or TaxCut. But I don't know whether either is robust enough to guide me through our new family's complexities. Instapundit has links to overviews of both brands of software.

No comments: