Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Ask Dr John

John's "Ask Dr. John" segment is a hoot. Mark in Delaware's question really strikes home.
I'm a successful engineer and am engaged to a beautiful Jewish girl. There's one little snag in my plan: a couple of years ago, I got drunk in Vegas and woke up married to a girl that I met in a bar. And there's my mail order bride from the Ukraine. And my three other wives in Utah. I'm thinking that the reception line at my wedding would be a good time to break the news to my beloved new bride. What do you think?
Fortunately while I am also a successful engineer living in Delaware marrying a nice Jewish girl, I have no former wives I am aware of. Amy has indicated that despite some examples of polygamy in the Old Testament, I was a one woman man or else.

Why would I want multiple wives anyway? I would just have more women banding together to keep me from buying guns and a motorcycles...

UPDATE: And in other news, this post is sheer genius. They have it correct, the proper answer to the perennial question "Does this make me look fat?" is "I love you and your beauty is unsurpassed in the entirety of the cosmos. Nothing you wear will change that." Should you respond this way enough, she may actually start asking that question only for fashion advice, not for emotional validation.

No comments: