Monday, July 25, 2005

Long Weekend

I've had a long weekend. Amybear came up thursday. She hit a rolled up tire tread that had separated from its big rig. It messed up the soft underbelly of her car, turning sound deadening materials into sound loudening materials as they rubbed against parts they shouldn't. The car is fine, but Amy wants to get it fixed and it severely freaked her out.

Friday we went to Connecticut with my parents and brother. We saw mom's side of the family over the course of two cookouts and some shopping excursions. More importantly my family got to meet Amy. Everything went well and Amy was able to bond with my cousins's kids. Her introverted nature really played well with even the quiet ones.

While the rest of my family stayed with my grandparents, Amy and I would have pushed them past their 3 bedroom/1 bath ranch's maximum occupancy. We stayed with my aunt instead. She has two bull terriers. One is older and deaf and the other is younger and annoying. Bull terriers are interesting dogs. They sort of resemble what I would imagine a cro-magnon canine to look like. Their bodies are solid muscle with a very odd shaped head. But we enjoyed playing with the troglodogs none-the-less.

The trip home was uneventful, excepting that I finished the new Harry Potter book. Amy and I got home, watched 4400 and Dead Zone, and then collapsed.

Then last night the thunderstorm woke me up and I got something in my eye at about 1 am. It felt like an ice pick, but it was probably an eye lash or something. We both woke up late, I felt bad and had to lay back down. In then end we got Amy's civic to the body shop ok.

Now I'm at work and Amy's visit is extended for 2 more days than I expected because of the car troubles. But I won't complain because I like having two more days with my Amy. Well I won't complain any more than I already have at least.

No comments: