Friday, July 29, 2005

Introversion

Joan is a self-confessed introvert:
I like to be by myself most of the time. I like sitting in a quiet room and writing. I don't mind going to the movies or a concert alone. I never have.
The problem is that when she does these activities she often attracts nutjobs.

I'm an introvert as well. This probably comes as no surprise to anyone. I like sitting in a room and watching TV or reading a book. Recently Amybear has been around a little more and we've had a surprisingly good time as well. She's an introvert too and we can generally do introverted things together without any kind of pretense towards having to entertain each other. We can just be. I like that.

Still, I don't really enjoy going out and doing group things by myself. I don't particularly like going to movies alone, although I will do it. I hate going to concerts and eating out alone. It just makes me feel pathetic. Plus concerts, theatre, etc are supposed to be group experiences. Going alone makes me feel cut off from the rest of the audience. It's psychological, but heh everyone has to have a quirk.

Fortunately I don't have her problems with nuts because despite my teddy bear interior I don't tend to look very friendly to others.

No comments: