Thursday, July 14, 2005

Scenic Vacations

Part of my on-going and unfulfilled motorcycle obsession is that I have been lurking on a Kawasaki board. I won't be buying a bike for a good long while (a house to keep it in comes first), but I'm enough of a gearhead to enjoy the mechanics of motoring even if I can't actually do it.

Anyway someone took his Kawasaki 800 on a ride through Canada. He has pictures of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton in Nova Scotia.

I went on a trip through that area a while ago with my parents and grandparents. It was late summer, but the weather in Canada is much more conducive to being outside than in the mid-atlantic states. The Cabot Trail (and Nova Scotia in general) is just beautiful and, being Scottish myself, was very homey feeling. We did the trip in a minivan, but I can only imagine how much better things would have been on the back of a motorcycle. This is a pretty popular motorcycle route as well as there are a horde of people going around Cape Breton on their Goldwings.

No comments: