Monday, July 17, 2006

Presidential Potty Mouth

Amybear and I generally wake up to local TV on channel 6. This morning the huge important breaking was that George Bush said the word "shit" in conversation with Tony Blair when he didn't realize his microphone was on.
“See, the irony is what they really need to do is to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this sh*t and it’s over,” Bush told Blair as he chewed on a buttered roll before the Group of Eight leaders began their lunch.
Ok first, he's right that Syria is an important component in Hezbollah's logistical pipeline. Second, "shit"? Not the F-bomb? Not even a quality racial epithet like "raghead?" Come on. You can probably say worse than that on cable TV now. I know I've said worse in my Thursday bible study. But then again I've dropped the f-bomb in post titles.

Honestly I was more offended by Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's Elvis impersonation a few weeks ago. I respect his fandom and the quality of his haircut, but the man is not the King. Or the Emporer. Or whatever they call Elvis in Japan.

UPDATE: On the topic of defecation, Anna Venger founded a brand new study showing that, yes, some parents really think their kids shit don't stink.

No comments: