Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bank of America

Joel Thomas is filling in for John over at Locusts and Honey. He has some complaints about Bank of America.

I have a Bank of America credit card. Unlike most of you folks, mine is for work and I am forbidden by my employer (the US Army) to use it for anything other than work. This is fine, I use it only when I have to go on business travel which is what I was given it for in the first place.

Now that all fine and dandy. Except that earlier this year Bank of America misplaced hard drives containing the financial information of several hundred thousand Department of Defense employees. Luckily I was not one of them. Unluckily for them, several of my other coworkers were.

This really pisses me off. Not just because people's records are missing with all the general annoyance that causes. It is the Department of Defense. Many of those people work with classified information. This isn't just a list of employees. It is espionage-ready list of military intelligence sources. That is what pisses me off.

No comments: