Monday, August 08, 2005

The Quiet Bus

An old family friend of mine now drives a bus in Wilmington. The kids he busses are learning disabled. I asked him whether that created a lot of problems for him and he replied that the kids were autistic. They generally didn't say much or get in much trouble at all.

Simon Baron-Cohen has an article personality, the sexes, and links to autism.

I believe that the differences between traditionall male and female personality types are generally inherent not learned. I believe this because of the testimony of a lot of mothers like Barbara Curtis (or my own) who have observed the differences between their children in just the first few minutes of their lives. I'm not sure about this whole autism link though.

Perhaps my beloved will comment some on this since her thesis dealt with some of this.

No comments: