Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Shooting References

Sometimes I post stuff just so I know I can find it later. I use my blog as a permanent bookmark list. In this case here are some great links on rifle shooting:
  • The four rifle shooting positions with multiple pictures. It is ok to start shooting from the bench just so you can hit something. However you should rapidly progress to field positions because that is where the skill is.
  • Using a GI sling. Oddly enough, it is really hard to find a places that actually show you how to use a sling properly. Well now you know.
  • This guys rifleman series is full of advice. Some of it is good. Some is not. He is an old school rifle shooter, so take his advice on equipment (as opposed to technique) with a grain of salt. The M1A is a great rifle, but guns like the DPMS Panther are as rugged, cheaper, more ergonomic, and more accurate. Of course he would never say that because its gas system "shits where it eats."
So there are some good shooting links. I'm going to have to read over them again before I go to the range again.

No comments: