Monday, January 09, 2006

The End of the Season

With our trip to Connecticut this weekend, Christmas is finally over in The Baptist household. Amybear and I received the last of our presents Saturday. Everything went well and we had a nice leisurely trip up and back. Games were played with family members I hadn't seen in a while. Plus I don't seem to have picked up any new diseases off the little ones. Unfortunately I didn't get to see my grandparents as much as I would like, but that can be rectified on later trips.

The traveling was leisurely by the sleeping was not. We spent the weekend at my Aunt Nancy's and played with her bull terrier Deuce. This is a dog that resembles a cinderblock in both in his stout built and minute intelligence. But he is a sweetheart, just a stocky and spoiled sweetheart. He woke me up both mornings I was there by battering my bedroom door down with his thick skull. The first time was because my mother was at the door to help start "Christmas" dinner on Saturday. He was the dumb dog that saved Christmas. The second time he just wanted attention and heard me moving rolling over in bed. I was not amused.

No comments: