Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm a Little Bit Country

Well I'm still more Rock and Roll than Donnie at least.

I've started listening to *shudder* country music more often. I even own a couple of albums. I've started to realize I kinda like it. Amy isn't especially happy, but that's mostly because she thinks I'm turning into her dad.

But really it's Amybear's Dad's fault. He likes country. A lot. He has an excuse though, he's from the South. Well Richmond, but you can get sweet tea there so it counts as the South. He had a Toby Keith CD playing in his Lexus on the way to dinner last weekend.

Yes a southern Jew listening to "I Love This Bar" in his black Lexus. Truly he is a man of deep contradiction. Don't worry the CD before featured a lot of Hebrew. We won't be having a hora hoe-down at the wedding.

Anyway, I realized that TK could sing a catchy yarn. After "American Soldier" was followed by "If I Was Jesus", I knew I was buying the album. Here is the chorus and you might understand why:
Ooh and I'd lay my life down for you
And I show you who's the boss
I'd forgive you and adore you
While I was hangin' on your cross
Just wow. Let me just say I better keep Shock'n Y'all away from my copy of American Idiot. Bringing them together would be like matter and anti-matter. Someone could get hurt.

No comments: