Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Free Comic Book Day

Don't forget it is Saturday. I'm sure I'll be hitting Captain Blue Hen at some point, if I can get out from under the almost in-laws.

UPDATE: I try to attend these sorts of things, but frankly I'm not into comics that much right now. I was starting to get into a company called CrossGen who made comics based on the Big Fat Fantasy style of literature. But they went under. My recent purchases have mostly been graphic novels and trade paperbacks of known excellence (like Hush Jim Lee's stint on Batman) with some manga thrown in. But none of those have been that recent. Truth be told, Amy has probably bought more comics (mostly manga) than I have in the past few months.

Oh but if you want a really good comic, I recommend Dark Horse's Conan. Quite excellent and based largely on Robert E. Howard's writings.

No comments: