Thursday, May 11, 2006

Reading about Writers

I like reading writers blogs. They obviously write well which makes for a good read. They often write about writing which makes it educational. They also blog frequently because blogging is an act of procrastinatation that keeps them from doing what they should be doing.

John Scalzi actually has a couple of blogs. One is in the blogroll, but he has started a Wednessday interview segment on the other. Yesterday's debut of the article is an interview with Chris Roberson, a sci-fi writer who's new novel Paragaea just came out. Roberson talks about being a writer and an editor, his general writing technique, and marketing himself. Part of his marketing technique is very interesting because the Paragaea website contains a free pre-quel to his current book. I will probably indulge myself of it shortly.

I like getting free stuff and I often have a hard time starting on new authors because frankly there are a lot of crappy writers out there. But I should read more and in order to do that I have to move to new authors. Free books help me do this by only requiring me to invest my time not my money.

No comments: